About Safe Kids
To promote the prevention of childhood injuries in Pennsylvania through education, collaboration and advocacy.
How do we fulfill our mission?
- We sponsor effective injury reduction activities targeted to regional needs across the Commonwealth.
- We promote awareness and education among child injury prevention advocates.
- We support public policies and programs that reduce injuries among children and youth.
- We provide safety education to children and youth in the major risk areas of traffic safety, water safety, fire safety, poisoning and falls prevention.
We need the support of volunteers like you!
The Advisory Council is a committee of individuals from various organizations who assist in the development, funding, and strategic planning of Safe Kids Pennsylvania to enhance the mission of preventing injuries to children.
Currently the following members serve on the Safe Kids Pennsylvania Advisory Council:
- Terri Rae Anthony, East Central AAA - Tri State Foundation for Safety and Education
- James Carlisle, Allentown Bureau of Health
- Robert Cilley, MD, Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
- Brain Klugh, Lancaster Bureau of Fire
- Dr. John Chan, Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center
- Tracey L. Rash, Maher Duessel, CPAs
- Thomas Glass, PennDot, Bureau of Highway Safety and Traffic Engineering
- Sharon Smith, South Central District Office, PA Department of Health
- Stewart Williams, Pennsylvania Department of Health – Injury Prevention Program
- Suzanne Yunghans, American Academy of Pediatrics – Pennsylvania Chapter
- D. Mark Simpson, PennSERVE: The Governor's Office of Citizen Service